Advisory Practice in Public Policy and Strategy
The WCS advisory practice is based on the combination of deep sector knowledge and expert strategic analysis – delivering innovative approaches to complex policy issues. The insights we have developed in partnership with clients have led to landmark reforms in managing solid waste, water and environment.
We provide unrivalled waste management sector expertise together with a unique strategic approach to sustainable waste management. Our approach is based on the understanding that clients' operating circumstances differ and each policy issue or project deserves a crafted strategy – one that provides positive outcomes for the environment, the economy and the community, within a solid governance framework. We guide clients through a logical policy or strategy development process to clarify overall purpose and objectives, identify strategic alternatives, weigh opportunities and risk appetite, and evaluate competing directions. The outcome is a unique strategy that is fully owned and supported by the client.
Waste Management and Resource Recovery
• Policy analysis and review
Our services include:
• Strategy development and review
• Assessment of infrastructure development proposals
• Assistance in implementing reform initiatives
• Industry stakeholder engagement
• Strategic TBL analysis of waste management and resource recovery options
• Analysis of service and infrastructure options
• Analysis of the budgetary implications of policy initiatives
• Alternative Waste Technology advisory
We have gained a reputation as Australia’s leading waste strategy adviser.
View Clients >>
Product Stewardship and Extended Producer ResponsibilityWe are passionate about Product Stewardship/Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) as a waste policy initiative. We have been involved in EPR both in the firm’s advisory work and in providing advice to government through an expert panel.
View Clients >>
Independent Inquiries and Advice on Strategic IssuesOur independent advisory practice has undertaken assignments in waste management, water, and environment (including energy efficiency and port development) mainly covering contentious policy issues and infrastructure development proposals.
The independence of Wright Corporate Strategy is evidenced by the number of Government Public Inquiries and Reviews undertaken. We are widely acknowledged by Governments and industry stakeholders as objective and impartial. This derives in part from our company policy to only work with government/public sector clients and not-for-profit organisations. Wright Corporate Strategy does not undertake work for private or public companies.
Our service activities include:
- Independent Public Inquiries for Governments – Waste Management, Water and Environment
- Independent Review of Third Party Proposals – Wright Corporate Strategy is frequently called on to provide independent advice on proposals submitted to governments by third parties or internal work groups
- Independent Review of Strategic Issues – These generally require consideration of the perspectives of multiple stakeholders.